Blog background

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Giving clay a chance

For anyone seeing the title to this entry it may not make a lot of sense. So many miniaturists are polymer clay lovers -- but for myself a) it's not readily available and b) what is available has ghastly prices. So I've been hunting up cold porcelain recipes for the last few days and think I've found the one that looked best for my usage at the moment. I'm going to attempt the nursery puzzle piece floor using this, and see how it turns out. If it's good and doesn't crack all to pieces like the air dry clay I attempted to use for my nieces dh bathroom floor, then I'll share the recipe which is free domain and what tips I've found to use with it.

For the moment, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and watching it dry -- praying to goodness it doesn't crack.

Til tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment