Blog background

Friday, February 25, 2011

Bathroom flooring -- found!

Bathroom mosaic tile


Was taking stuff down for storage to clean out some room in the house today, and found several feet of old linoleum that was once slated to fix up an area that has since been decided against. As it is, it's PERFECT for a bathroom floor.
More pastel than what I would've come up with, but I love the fact that it looks like a mini-mosaic tiled effect! Saw it and had to go back to get some cutting shears. lol

As it stands, still raining with occasional bouts of iciness here. So stayed in and continued to scour through my various paper scraps and fabric samples to figure out more of my finalized room decor. Don't get me wrong, I love the matter that the walls are white again, and I've a blank slate... But I like to be able to really piece the house together complete with finalized room decor in my mind before I put it together. Want to make sure it all goes if you will. Still not completely sure how I'm doing the living room or drawing room if you will, but I'm thinking of doing something a bit darker, and possibly cutting another doorway from there into the dining area. Wouldn't be too likely for everyone to go from there into the kitchen to get to the dining room. If I do make the second doorway I'll also attempt a fake pocket door. :) From all I've been able to get my hands on it doesn't look like it aught to be too difficult, and I think it would fit in quite nicely with the period look I'm going for.

Not too much more for now, other than that I hope now I may finally feel a bit more peace in my life than what I've really had for too long now. My family will continue in their own ways, but at least now I don't have to be made aware of the daily idiocy so much. I don't have to listen to others constantly telling me how it is I've been considered "rude" etc. because I don't care to put up a facade of niceness to someone who doesn't deserve it. As I figure it, I may well enough end up alone in life -- but at least in that, I know that I have honesty. I don't have that from any of my family, and quite frankly I figure if they prefer their lies to having me in their life -- then it's probably for the best that I'm not.

I wish them all the best, and I'll miss my nieces being nearby to see more often. But I have to figure that they'll hopefully be in a better school system. I also have to figure it will be less stress for not only myself, but I know now if my mom comes home from work with tears in her eyes it's not because of the person who likes to point her finger at others being rude.

Someday I hope she may look in a mirror, and see herself for what she has made of herself in others' eyes, and why... I don't care to care what others think of me, either you like me or you don't. But I hope for her that she sees it's not that people specifically dislike her, as much as it is they dislike the lies, materialism, and basic shallow meanness she has too often displayed. She's a better person than what she has made of herself so far, I only wish someday she may realize it and work to show it. As I hope we all may.

Until next time all...

No comments:

Post a Comment