Blog background

Friday, February 11, 2011

Last of the first floor floors...

Not too much to enter here as of today. After having settled on the Celtic knot design for the dining area, I was having trouble figuring how I wanted to go about making it a reality. Problem solved though in the wee hours of the morning. Decided to be safe rather than sorry, so made a quick template from cardstock of the floor area.

After making the template I decided to use a piece of strip wood not quite an inch thick. This will be the border for the room. In the center of this I chose to use some of the same tiles I used for the living area -- however I chose to make them smaller. So instead of these being an inch square, I cut the majority down to one quarter inch square. Some of these will be smaller yet though... I won't be posting a picture of this yet as it would look like it was all white. Have to say though, once I get my colors added I think it should look good(crossing my fingers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment