Blog background

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Couldn't help myself!

Sooo, remember how I wasn't going to touch the Townhouse til I had the Petite Dreams house done? Yeah, I broke -- it was too much for me to go out to the shop for a tool and just see it looking all dejected like. However, I did make sure I didn't go gung ho on it without a reason! At least it seemed a good reason for me at the time. lol

The kids I'm rehabbing(or at this point building) this house for have varied interests. Several are incredibly into horses and the other little miss really seems to be a girly girl(as in lots of pink and purple). Was scratching my head the last few days trying to figure out how to combine the two, and finally figured out I'm going to do a half wall on the upper floor as well. One part will be a nursery done in a fairytale theme, and the forward room towards the back will be done up not like a stable so much -- but definite evidence of horses.

Now if y'all are wondering how my work on the Townhouse is tying into this... The entire townhouse had that plank flooring, which I found out wasn't actually glued in. Seems it was paper backed flooring that they never removed the paper. Therefore while I wasn't able to pull it out as easily as I'd hoped, I was able to at least get the edge of the utility knife under it and pry it up. Now I'll be using it for wainscoting done rustic on the lower half of the wall, and very possibly the floor of that room as well. Really think it aught to look good.

Hoping with-in the next couple of days I'll be able to get my butt in gear and start taking pictures and posting of my progress. But for now I'll just say I like what I've been accomplishing!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment