Blog background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lazy day



As far as dollhousing goes at least. Don't get me wrong, I did get my marble cut and the stripwood stained, and then did a stain/paint mix to really make the wood nice and dark. So that hallway floor will be done tonight. I've also started cutting strips of veneer for the bedroom floor, thinking of laying these in either a herringbone or possibly chevron pattern... Yet to decide. lol


Besides that though I've been reading up and educating myself on Victorian housing. The book I've been reading today is called Victorian House Style by Linda Osband. I have to say I really like this book as it gives good examples and descriptions of the differences in the houses of the period. The simple fact that it doesn't dwell on just one type of house, and instead denotes the differences between classes and locations as to what would be "normal" for their houses is fascinating. I've always loved architecture, and I really like how this not only covers the decor that would be found, but specifically covers how the houses would be built and what styles would expect what adornment.

Oh, last but not least -- was able to remove the last of what was my nicely embossed cardstock that was to be the tin ceiling in the kitchen. As irony would have it Tourette decided he had to help with that as well. lol So, now trying to decide if I want to make up another tin ceiling or do something different. All my life I've been told everything happens for a reason, so per chance I'll find something else to do for the ceiling that will feel more accurate for the period. Until next time I'm going to go play with glue, then bury myself in a book.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment